Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I purchase your art online from this website? It's an easy process. Select a portfolio, and then click on the thumbnail image of the painting you would like to purchase. The next web page will show an enlarged picture of the painting and shopping "cart" buttons to the right. Click on "Add to Cart." This link will take you to PayPal for you to complete your secured financial transaction. From PayPal you can return to shallart.com to continue shopping and add additional paintings to your cart. Once you're ready to pay for your purchases, click on "View Cart" to return to PayPal.
2. May I purchase directly through you? Yes, I can process your credit card transaction through my merchant services account. You may email me your selection and your credit card information, or provide it to me via phone at 240-575-9172. This is a secured transaction, and I don't store your credit card information. When I'm in the studio painting, I don't answer the phone. Leave a message and a convenient time to return your call.
3. When will I receive my painting? Once your payment is processed and deposited into my account, I will securely package the painting and ship to you within 7 days.
4. What are the shipping costs? Shipping is free within the Continental United States. Your painting will be shipped insured for the purchase price. Shipping will be through USPS or UPS depending upon size. If you prefer, shipping can be through FedEx. However, this will be an additional charge. Shipping costs for international purchases will be quoted prior to shipping.
5. Do you guarantee your work? Yes, I guarantee that each painting is the work of my hands and mind. I do not use a factory system like my fellow artists, Damien Hirst and Takashi Murakami. (See question 6.)
6. When I view your artwork online, is what I see what I get? It's close, but probably not exact. Principally, there will be a color difference. It's generally slight, but different due to the various devices—such as tablets, mobile phones and computers—that can be used to view the website the color can shift. I have no control over that. Therefore, I provide a 7-day, money back guarantee. If for any reason you are unhappy with the painting upon receipt, I will give your money back upon the return of the painting in its original condition; in the original shipping container; and, insured for the purchase amount. You just need to contact me by email or phone to let me know that you're returning the painting.
7. What copyrights transfer with the painting? Only the right to own the physical painting transfers to you. All other copyrights remain with me, the author of the work, such as the right to publish the work—for example, limited edition prints–and the right to make derivative works.
8. Do you sell prints or reproductions of your work? Yes, selected works are offered through these online galleries: Blue Canvas and Saatchi Online. The painting, Here comes This Dreamer, is for sell as a print only on this website. See the portfolio "Patriarchs" for the thumbnail image.